SAEM presents awards in recognition of excellence in our field, for contributions improving the health of society, and for academic achievements.
View the 2016 SAEM Award Winners
All nominations must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click the award name for information on the award nominations process.
- NEW! - Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award
- NEW! - Best Resident Researcher
- NEW! - Best Resident Educator
- Advancement of Women in Academic Emergency Medicine Award
- Excellence in Research Award
- Hal Jayne Excellence in Education Award
- John Marx Leadership Award
- Young Investigator Award
- Medical Student Excellence in Emergency Medicine Award
Nominees that are submitted will be reviewed by the Awards Committee and selected based on guidelines shown for each award. Pay special attention to these guidelines and to each submission's due date.
SAEM also recognizes excellent performance and participation at the SAEM Annual Meeting. Award winners are personally recognized at the meeting the following year. Award categories are:
- Best Basic Science Award
- Best Faculty Award
- Best Fellow Award
- Best Medical Student Award
- Best Resident Award
- Best Young Investigator Presentation
- Resident Visual Diagnosis Contest Winner (1st and 2nd places are recognized)