AACEM Chair Mentorship Program
The Executive Committee of AACEM is pleased to announce a new Chair Mentorship Program.
- Provide a resource for newly appointed chairs of academic departments of emergency medicine;
- Provide an opportunity for established chairs to share their knowledge, insights, and experiences with developing chairs;
- Enhance networking among new and established members of the Association;
- Facilitate an on-site visit of either:
- The mentor to the new chair's program, or
- The new chair to the mentor's program;
- Develop a library of potential issues and strategies to inform both new and established chairs.
MENTOR AND MENTEE AGREEMENT
- I agree that the if I enter a mentoring relationship, the goal is to share experiences, knowledge, and insight regarding our professional roles and responsibilities.
- I agree to twice-a-month, on average, telephone conversations or other type meetings.
- I agree to provide a brief report to the AACEM executive committee at month 6 and 12 of this agreement regarding any lessons learned, successes, and/or challenges experienced during the formal mentorship program.
- I understand that I may apply to AACEM to fund a site visit.
- I understand that the time commitment for mentorship is one year once matched with a mentor or mentee.
- I agree to hold AACEM harmless from any unexpected, unintentional, and/or adverse effects from engaging in this agreement.
Expenses from the site visit are funded by AACEM up to $1,500.
Please complete the AACEM Chair Mentorship Program Form to become a mentor or mentee.
The eligibility for mentees and mentors who wish to participate in the Chair Mentorship Program are clarified below.
Any AACEM active/full or associate member in good standing who is within 6 to 18 months of assuming a chair position may apply to be a mentee.
Any AACEM active/full or emeritus member in good standing may serve as a mentor.