Hal Jayne Excellence in Education Award
SAEM seeks nominations for the Hal Jayne Excellence in Education Award. Complimentary to the Excellence in Research Award, and representative of the second pillar of SAEM, this award is presented to a member of SAEM who has made outstanding contributions to emergency medicine through the teaching of others and and the improvement of pedagogy. The Awards Committee wishes to consider as many exceptional candidates as possible.
Previous recipients of the award are ineligible for further nomination for this award. Candidates may be nominated by any SAEM member and are evaluated by the Awards Committee on their accomplishments in the education of emergency physicians and others, including:
- Didactic/bedside (with impact assessments)
- Courses - development, advancement (with impact assessments)
- Development of new techniques of instruction or instructional material
- Scholarly works (research on education, text chapter and text books, reviews, and other science behind teaching)
- Presentations at regional, national, and international meetings
- Recognition or awards by students, residents, or peers
- Grants supporting education or education research
The nomination must include:
- A current CV of the candidate
- A brief (1-2 paragraph) biographical summary
- A cover letter by the nominator addressing the above areas and the impact on emergency medicine and physicians, maximum of two (2) pages
- While not mandatory, a maximum of two (2) additional support letters may be forwarded, each with a two (2) page limit.
All nominations must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.