Hal Jayne Excellence in Education Award
SAEM seeks nominations for the Hal Jayne Excellence in Education Award. This award honors a SAEM member who has made outstanding contributions to emergency medicine through the teaching of others and and the improvement of pedagogy. The Awards Committee wishes to consider as many exceptional candidates as possible.
Deadline: December 9, 2017
Submit your nomination online
Previous recipients of the award are ineligible for further nomination for this award. Candidates may be nominated by any SAEM member and are evaluated by the Awards Committee on their accomplishments in the education of emergency physicians and others, including:
- Didactic/bedside (with impact assessments)
- Courses - development, advancement (with impact assessments)
- Development of new techniques of instruction or instructional material
- Scholarly works (research on education, text chapter and text books, reviews, and other science behind teaching)
- Presentations at regional, national, and international meetings
- Recognition or awards by students, residents, peers, or organizations
- Grants supporting education or education research
The nomination must include:
- A current CV of the candidate
- A brief (1-2 paragraph) biographical summary
- A cover letter by the nominator addressing the above areas and the impact on emergency medicine and physicians (limited to 2 pages)
- While not mandatory, a maximum of 2 additional support letters may be submitted (each limited to 2 pages)
- A color photo of the nominee (.jpg 300 DPI high resolution)
- Person nominating award candidate (include mailing address, phone and fax numbers and email address)
- Contact information of department administrator or media persons that should be notified if the award is received.
All nominations must be submitted electronically through the online nomination form.