2020 AACEM/AAAEM Annual Retreat
12th Annual AACEM/AAAEM Joint Retreat
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
74-855 Country Club Drive
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Hotel Cancellation Policy: To avoid a one night’s room and tax charge, reservations must be canceled at least 3 days prior to scheduled arrival.
For those who are still planning a trip to Palm Desert, we would like to invite you to participate in our AACEM Strategic Planning Session on Sunday, March 15, from 8:00am-4:30pm, at the JW Marriott Desert Springs hosted by a professional facilitator. Chairs and Administrators are welcome to participate. Meals will also be complimentary for attendees and their guests.
It will help us prepare as an organization for the future and allow those still traveling to California the opportunity to network. To RSVP your attendance, please just email firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of day, Thursday March 12, 2020.
AACEM Strategic Planning Meeting Outcomes:
- An identification of the environmental factors (academic and profession) that have changed and may impact AACEM’s future direction.
- A review of progress made on AACEM’s current strategic plan.
- Modifications and/or adjustments to the strategic plan.
- A set of focused strategies in support of the future strategic plan.
- Breakfast 8:00am
- Provide Welcome and Introductory Remarks - AACEM leadership
- Provide Overview of Agenda and Expected Meeting Outcomes – Paul D. Meyer, Meeting Facilitator (Paul will facilitate the rest of the meeting)
- Discuss Strategic Planning Process
- Review Future Assumptions
- Meeting participants will review/discuss “Assumptions about the Future” regarding the future of the academic environment and the profession. The group will determine the implications of their assumptions to the future direction of the AACEM and identify key drivers.
- Briefly Review AACEM’s Mission – “Why do we exist?
- Review and Discuss AACEM’s Envisioned Future (Longer-term Vision and Vivid Description)
- Meeting participants will review/discuss the AACEM’s envisioned future, asking the fundamental questions, “How are we doing?” “What needs to change?”
- Lunch (12:00 noon)
- Discuss Progress and Refine Goals and Objectives in Support of the Envisioned Future
- Meeting participants will discuss progress and relevance of goals and make necessary changes to better align goals to envisioned future and environmental factors. A 3-year planning horizon will be used.
- Create Strategies
- Meeting participants will create and discuss strategies (activities) in support of the AACEM’s goals.
- Identify Next Steps
- Provide Closing Remarks - AACEM leadership
- Meeting Adjourns by 4:30 p.m.
Thank you, and if you have any questions, please feel free to let us know.
Michael Brown, MD, AACEM President
Ashlee Melendez, MSPH, BSN, AAAEM President
Ian B.K. Martin, MD, MBA, SAEM President