i-Human Cases for Emergency Medicine
i-Human Patients has made available several cases of their comprehensive patient simulator for users of CDEMcurriculum.com. Many CDEM members authored cases.
i-Human Patients simulates a comprehensive patient encounter to help develop competencies in patient assessment and diagnostic reasoning. Development of these skills requires practice with hundreds of patient encounters. There are a few steps to get started.
- Registration: First time users need to go to http://I-human.com/register/cdem and follow the steps there to create an account. You will be placed in the CDEM group. There’s a short data-gathering survey in the registration process.
- Log-in: Once registered, you can go to http://ih2.I-human.com to log in. If you’ve recently logged in, you’ll have a cookie that allows you to skip the actual log-in and just land on the training video page.
- Watch the “how-to” getting started videos on the “Home” page
- Go to the “Assignments” tab and play the “Marvin F. Webster, Jr VE” case as practice.
- After completing Marvin you will see an assignment for a new case in summative (testing) mode. After completing the case in testing mode, you will be able to play the case again in formative (learning) mode and receive expert feedback at every step along the way.
They will post new cases every few weeks.