AWAEM Early Career Faculty Award
To honor early career female faculty who have shown promise for significant career achievements in emergency medicine through research, education, service, advocacy, or administration, and/or who have worked to promote the role of women in academic emergency medicine.
- Female EM physician
- Faculty member in a North American academic EM department
- Faculty member in the first 7 years since graduating from residency (ie, graduated in 2011 or later)
- Current SAEM and AWAEM member
Note: Any faculty nominee who took significant time away from academic medicine may be considered with an explanation of lapsed time. Please include letter of explanation of time lapse if greater than 7 years from date of residency completion (earlier than 2011) but still considered “early career” in terms of accomplishments and rank.
- Evidence of achievements, innovation, and dedication in academic emergency medicine through teaching, research, service, advocacy, or administration.
- Involvement on a national level in academic emergency medicine (e.g., through SAEM committees, research consortiums, or advocacy groups).
- Activities demonstrating commitment to advancing the role of women in academic emergency medicine.
- Nominee’s CV
- One nomination letter. Nomination letter may be submitted by current or former colleagues, mentors, mentees or employers
Submit nomination letter and CV to Andrea Fang, MD at email@example.com with the subject line “2019 AWAEM Early Career Award Nomination"
Deadline: January 15, 2019 at 11:59PM PST