AWAEM "Catalyst" Award
To honor female faculty who have made outstanding contributions through clinical work, teaching, mentorship, role modeling, or administration with great local or regional impact. The spirit of this award is designed to recognize those who contribute significantly to their department or the field of EM but who may have escaped national recognition. We will select up to three winners.
- Female EM physician faculty member in a North American academic EM department
- Current SAEM and AWAEM member (no later than January 1, 2020) not currently serving on the AWAEM Awards Committee or Executive Council
- Evidence of dedication to academic EM through a consistent track record of outstanding clinical work, teaching, service, advocacy, research, or administration.
- A female faculty member who colleagues feel provides invaluable service but, for whatever reason, has not been recognized via conventional means (e.g. regional, national awards or board membership).
- Nominee’s CV
- One nomination letter detailing nominee’s impact. Nomination letter may be submitted by current or former colleagues, mentors, mentees or employers.
Submit the CV and nomination letter to Andrea Fang, MD at email@example.com with the subject line “2020 AWAEM Catalyst Award Nomination”
Deadline: January 15, 2020 at 11:59PM PST