AWAEM Emergency Medical Director Award
To honor female faculty who serve as ED medical directors who have shown significant career achievements in EM, through administrative innovations, advancing quality, safety, and efficiency of care, and building relationships or consensus across departments. In particular, the award will recognize female ED Directors who have taken the lead on improving working environments and patient care in their departments.
- Female EM physician faculty member in a North American academic EM department
- Current Emergency Department Director
- Current SAEM and AWAEM member
- Evidence of achievements, innovation, and dedication in serving as an ED director in an academic EM department
- Involvement on a national level (e.g., through SAEM committees, research consortiums, medical director organizations (e.g. AMDA or advocacy groups).
- Activities demonstrating commitment to advancing the role of women in academic EM.
- Innovation in creating and improving working environments in Emergency Departments.
- Nominee’s CV
- One nomination letter. Nomination letter may be submitted by current or former colleagues, mentors, mentees or employers
Submit the CV and nomination letter to Andrea Fang, MD at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2019 AWAEM EM Director Award Nomination”
Deadline: January 15, 2019 at 11:59PM PST