AWAEM Membership Benefits
Your membership in the Academy of Women in Academic Emergency Medicine provides opportunities to:
- Join a community of women with shared interests and goals.
- Build leadership skills by serving on a national committee.
- Meet new friends and colleagues at regional and national meetings.
- Develop mentoring relationships outside your home institution.
- Learn from and network with successful women emergency medicine physicians.
- Discuss gender disparities and issues specific to women physicians.
- Stay connected through our community website, monthly email updates, bi-monthly newsletter, and social media.
- Be recognized for your work and skills through AWAEM awards and scholarships.
- Collaborate on educational initiatives, develop policy, and perform gender-specific research.
- Access a library of invaluable resources on a wide variety of topics, including work-life balance, career decisions, leave policies, leadership, and so much more!