Residency Vacancy Services
The SAEM Residency Vacancy Service was established to connect EM residency directors with prospective residents to fill unexpected vacancies in training programs. Programs are invited to notify SAEM of any unexpected vacancies or positions created due to program expansion, etc. and SAEM monitors and updates the listings. Prospective emergency medicine residents may review these listings and contact the residency programs directly.
If you would like a Residency Vacancy listed or if information needs to be updated, please email SAEM at ResidencyVacancy@saem.org.
CURRENT LISTINGS (6)
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Emergency Medicine Residency
The Johns Hopkins Department of Emergency Medicine residency program has an unexpected opening for a well-qualified applicant for a PGY-2 position beginning July 1, 2018. We are seeking a candidate who is interested in joining our unique four-year Emergency Medicine training program in Baltimore, MD.
Applicants must 1) have successfully completed at least one year in an ACGME-accredited Emergency Medicine residency program, 2) be currently enrolled in an Emergency Medicine residency program in good standing, 3) have current program director approval.
Applicants currently enrolled in ACGME accredited non-Emergency Medicine residency programs may contact the program director to determine eligibility.
Please submit the following information electronically via email to the Academic Program Manager, Stephanie Morville.
- Cover letter stating interest and reason for leaving program
- Curriculum Vitae
- USMLE Scores (Step 1, Step 2 CK & CS)
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Three letters of recommendation, ideally following the eSLOE format; one must be from current program director.
- A list of rotations that will be successfully completed by 6/30/2018
Program Director, Linda Regan, MD
Academic Program Manager, Stephanie Morville, email@example.com
Medical Education Coordinator, Christina Tarleton
Visit our website for more information on the program.
University of New Mexico
A PGY-2 spot has just opened at the University of New Mexico. We are a 3-year program with 12 residents per year. Our areas of excellence include critical care and EMS and we have additional outstanding training in ultrasound, pediatrics, and wilderness medicine. Our department and institution support EM residents going to fellowship in Informatics, Palliative Care, EMS, Critical Care (Med and Surg), Peds EM, Medical Education, Wilderness Medicine and Sports Medicine.
Applicants must have the support of their current Program Director, be a resident in good standing and be eligible for an ACGME approved PGY 2 resident position.
• A cover letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• In-Service Training Exam Score
• USMLE Scores
• Medical School Transcript, MSPE, & Diploma
• Three letters of recommendation (one from current Program Director)
• A list of rotations that will be successfully completed by 6/30/2018
Diane Rimple, MD (Program Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
Shelby Madrid (Program Coordinator) email@example.com
University of Central Florida/HCA Emergency Medicine Residency Program of Greater Orlando
The Emergency Medicine Residency Program at University of Central Florida/ HCA Emergency Medicine Residency Program of Greater Orlando has an unexpected opening for a PGY 2 resident starting July 2018. We are located in sunny Orlando, 20 minutes from Disney World. The residency program is based at UCF’s teaching hospital, Osceola Regional Medical Center, which is a level II trauma center, a comprehensive stroke center, with multispecialty backup and residency programs in internal medicine, neurology, psychiatry, obstetrics-gynecology, and transitional year.
Applicants should be eligible for an ACGME approved PGY-2 Emergency Medicine resident trainee position, in good standing with his/her current training program and have support of the current program director.
- Cover Letter stating interest and reason for leaving current program
- Curriculum Vitae
- USMLE scores (Step 1, Step 2 CK & CS, Step 3 if available)
- Medical School documents: Transcript, MSPE and diploma
- 3 letters of recommendation, at least one of which is from the current program director
- Documentation of rotations already completed in residency training
- In Training Exam and/or Resident In-Service Exam scores
Contact Information for interested parties:
Bethany Ballinger, MD
Emergency Medicine Program Director
Emergency Medicine Residency Coordinator
For more information on the Residency Program: http://ucfemergencymedicineresidency.org/program/
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Albert Einstein Medical Center Emergency Medicine Residency Program in Philadelphia, PA has an unexpected opening for a PGY2 position starting July 1, 2018 in our four-year ACGME program.
Applicants must be eligible for an ACGME approved PGY2 Emergency Medicine resident position and have the support of current Program Director.
- Letter of interest indicating reason for leaving current program
- Curriculum Vitae
- Comlex/USMLE Scores, Medical School Transcript, Medical Student Performance Evaluation, Diploma
- Three letters of recommendation; one from current Program Director
- Documentation of rotations that will be successfully completed by 6/30/2018
Please feel free to explore our program at Einstein Emergency Medicine on Wordpress for the most up to date program news and information
Location: Las Vegas, NV
ACGME Accreditation: September 2017
PGY 2 Positions: 7
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- 3 LOR with cover sheet describing why your are interested in transferring
- In Service exam scores
Program Director contact information:
Michael Allswede DO
MountainView Program in Emergency Medicine
Clinical Associate Professor,
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
2880 N. Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, NV 8912
Residency Coordinator: 702-962-9551
Private Office: 702-962-9603