John Marx Leadership Award
SAEM seeks nominations for the John Marx Leadership Award. This award honors a SAEM member who has made exceptional contributions to emergency medicine through leadership – locally, regionally, nationally or internationally – with priority given to those with demonstrated leadership within SAEM. The Awards Committee wishes to consider as many exceptional candidates as possible.
2018 Award Winner: Katherine L. Heilpern, MD, Emory University School of Medicine
Previous awardees are ineligible. Candidates are evaluated on their leadership contributions including (but not limited to) those related to:
- Major leadership positions within SAEM
- Major leadership positions within other EM organizations
- Leadership in research
- Leadership in education
- Contributions to the growth of academic emergency medicine
- Advancement of emergency medicine regionally, nationally or internationally
Nominations may be submitted by any SAEM member. Nominations should include a copy of the candidate's CV and a cover letter describing his or her qualifications. Each completed application must include the following:
- A current CV of the candidate
- A brief (1- 2 paragraph) biographical summary
- A cover letter by the nominator addressing the above areas and the impact on emergency medicine (limited to 2 pages)
- While not mandatory, a maximum of 2 additional support letters may be submitted (each limited to 2 pages).
- A color photo of nominee (.jpg 300 DPI high resolution)
- Person nominating award candidate (include mailing address, phone and fax numbers and email address)
- Contact information of department administrator or media persons that should be notified if the award is received.