John Marx Leadership Award
SAEM seeks nominations for the John Marx Leadership Award. This award honors a SAEM member who has made exceptional contributions to emergency medicine through leadership - locally, regionally, nationally or internationally - with priority given to those with demonstrated leadership within SAEM. The Awards Committee wishes to consider as many exceptional candidates as possible.
Previous awardees are ineligible. Candidates are evaluated on their leadership contributions including (but not limited to) those related to:
- Emergency medicine organizations and publications
- Emergency medicine academic productivity
- Growth of academic emergency medicine
- Advancement of emergency medicine regionally, nationally or internationally
Nominations may be submitted by any SAEM member. Nominations should include a copy of the candidate's CV and a cover letter describing his or her qualifications. Each completed application must include the following:
- Nominee's name (first name, middle initial, last name, earned degrees)
- Principal honors and awards received
- Major leadership positions within SAEM
- Major non-SAEM leadership positions, societies and boards
- Person nominating award candidate (include mailing address, phone and fax numbers and email address)
- Statement on how this individual has had a positive impact on academic emergency medicine and has met the criteria for this award (limited to 2 pages)
- 1- 2-page paragraph bio of nominee
All nominations must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.