Best Resident Educator Award
The SAEM Best Resident Educator Award is given annually to a senior emergency medicine resident who has demonstrated exceptional aptitude and passion for teaching during residency.
The award is presented during the SAEM Annual Meeting. Previous recipients of the award are ineligible for further nomination for this award. Candidates may be nominated by any SAEM member and are evaluated by the Awards Committee on their accomplishments in the education of emergency physicians and others, including:
- Didactic/bedside (with impact assessments)
- Courses - development, advancement (with impact assessments)
- Development of new techniques of instruction or instructional material
- Scholarly works (research on education, text chapter and textbooks, reviews, and other science behind teaching)
- Presentations at regional, national, and international meetings
- Recognition or awards by students, residents, or peers
- Grants supporting education or education research
The nomination must include:
- A current CV of the candidate
- A brief (1-2 paragraph) bio summary
- A cover letter by the nominator addressing above areas and the impact on emergency medicine, delivery of care or understanding of illness/therapy, maximum of two (2) pages
- While not mandatory, a maximum of two (2) additional support letters may be forwarded, each with a two (2) page limit.
All nominations must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.