CDEM Call for Awards
Greetings and Happy New Year from the CDEM award committee. The committee has both the honor and pleasure of recognizing medical student faculty educators from across the country for their national dedication, innovation and achievements to undergraduate medical education. It is a great opportunity to get involve to reward our colleagues for the work they do. The committee solicits nominations for four awards at the beginning of each calendar year to be given at the annual CDEM meeting in spring. The four CDEM awards are young educator award, clerkship director award, distinguished educator award and innovation award. Specifically, all nomination packets must include:
1. Letter of support from nominator specifying: Which award the candidate is being nominated for.
2. How the nominee fulfills the award criteria.
3. What is the relationship of the nominator to the nominee (Chairman, Residency Director, etc.) Self nominations are accepted.
4. Curriculum vitae and/or teaching portfolio of the nominee.
5. Nominations may also include other supporting documentation, such as a detailed description of curricular innovations, teaching evaluations, letters of support from colleagues, supervisor or students, funded grant or project applications, and publications.
The nomination pockets are reviewed and ranked numerically for each award. The deadline to apply is March 15, 2017.
CDEM Clerkship Director of the Year Award
This award recognizes an Emergency Medicine Clerkship Director that has made significant contributions to either a 3rd or 4th year emergency medicine rotation. To be eligible for this award, the nominee must currently be a Clerkship Director of a mandatory, selective or elective rotation and have served in that role for a minimum of 5 years. This award is presented at the annual CDEM meeting. The nominee must be a member of CDEM.
CDEM Young Educator of the Year Award
This award recognizes a medical student educator at the Clinical Instructor or Assistant Professor level and less than 10 year from residency completion who has made significant contributions to teaching and educating medical students. This award is presented at the annual CDEM meeting. The nominee must be a member of CDEM.
CDEM Distinguished Educator Award
This award recognizes a medical student educator at the Associate Professor or Professor level who has made significant contributions to and has demonstrated sustained excellence in teaching and educating medical students for 10 or more years. This award is not presented annually; rather, it is bestowed on special occasions. The nominee must be a member of CDEM.
CDEM Award for Innovation in Medical Education
This award recognizes a medical student educator at any faculty rank who has made a significant and innovative contribution to undergraduate medical education. This award is presented at the annual CDEM meeting. The nominee must be a member of CDEM.