AWAEM Mid-Career Faculty Award
To honor mid-career female faculty who have shown promise for significant career achievements in emergency medicine through research, education, service, advocacy, or administration, and/or who have worked to promote the role of women in academic emergency medicine.
- Female EM physician faculty member in a North American academic EM department
- Faculty member in the first 8 to 15 years of academic practice (graduated residency between 2003 and 2010)
- Current SAEM and AWAEM member
Note: Any faculty nominee who took significant time away from academic medicine may be considered with explanation of lapsed time. Please include letter of explanation of time lapse if greater than 15 years from date of residency completion, but still considered “mid” career in terms of accomplishments.
- Evidence of achievements, innovation, and dedication in academic emergency medicine through research, teaching, service, advocacy, or administration.
- Involvement on a national level in emergency medicine (e.g., through SAEM committees, research consortiums, or advocacy groups).
- Activities demonstrating commitment to advancing the role of women in academic emergency medicine.
- Nominee’s CV
- One nomination letter. Nomination letter may be submitted by current or former colleagues, mentors, mentees or employers
Submit the nominee’s CV and nomination letter to Andrea Fang, MD at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2019 AWAEM Mid-Career Award Nomination”
Deadline: January 15, 2019 at 11:59PM PST