Grant Writing Workshop:
Mentored Development of Successful Grants
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Add pre-meeting workshops to your SAEM17 registration for an additional fee.
The new and improved SAEM Grant Writing Workshop will provide topic and method mentorship. Come with anything from a nascent idea to a final grant product in need of mock review. Attendees will be matched with mentors during the session to provide individualized feedback.
Attendees will benefit from:
- Access to senior topic and methods mentors.
- All SAEM Grant Writing lectures in electronic form.
- Examples of successful foundation, NIH, and DoD grants.
What does it take to get a grant? Learn from the best.
More information can be found in our Program Planner.
This will session will build upon prior years' Grant Writing Workshops by training the next generation of EM researchers to submit successful grants. In order to answer the call by NIH to increase the quality and number of grants submitted by EM researchers the SAEM Research Committee has revamped the Grant Writing Workshop. By the close of the one-day workshop, attendees will feel ready to translate their nascent ideas into mature, successful grants.
The 2017 workshop will be structured as a combination of small group and one on one interactions, with an explicit focus on the development of mentoring relationships. The interactive nature of the day will tailor content for researchers at all levels of practice and training. This session is targeted to all levels of researchers from residents applying for their first small grants and faculty who want to try their hand at research after a long hiatus, to those trying to break into federal funding, such as fellows attempting to move research ideas forward, or junior faculty applying for career to development grants, to established researchers looking to improve the quality of their grants.
- Increase the knowledge about grant format.
- Improve the quality of grants submitted by EM researchers.
- Coordinate topic and method mentor-mentee relationships across the EM community.
At the completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe where to find grant opportunities.
- Write a successful specific aims page.
- Have 1-2 new mentors that can serve as resources in the future.