Awards Policy & Operating Guidelines
AAAEM is committed to the goal of recognizing members who have contributed in a significant way through their talents and commitment to the organization. This guideline sets forth procedures for nominations.
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Academic EM Administration
- Annual Achievement Award in Academic EM Administration
- Significant Contribution to AAAEM- Lifetime
- Significant Contribution to AAAEM – Annual
- Be a member in good standing, i.e., membership dues up to date and employed by academic or affiliated university or hospital (retirees or Emeritus status members are not eligible)
- Call for Nominations annually – January 30th annually to SAEM Discussions Listserv
- AACEM, AAAEM or members can self- nominate for recognition
- Submit award nomination form to SAEM POC by February 28th annually
- Nominee will receive an email confirmation when your application is received
- If nominee is member of Executive or Awards Committee, nominee is recused from the nomination process
- The Awards Committee will review award nomination form to determine eligibility and merit of award
- The Awards Committee may contact the nominator and/or nominee as needed to seek additional information or clarification.
- Awards Committee forwards recommendation to AAAEM Executive Committee for approval
- The AAAEM Executive Committee makes the final selection for all awards
- AAAEM reserves the right not to bestow an award in any given year if, in the recommendation of the Awards and Executive Committee, the nominations lack sufficient quality.
All nominated candidates will be notified of their nomination. Award recipients will receive:
- An attractive award
- Public recognition at the AACEM/AAAEM Annual Retreat
- Promotion through a press release to SAEM website and Letter of Notification to member’s organization