The Strategic Planning Committee's charter is to construct the AAAEM of tomorrow. The committee recommends AAAEM's long and short term strategies for effective operations.
3-5 Year Goals and Objectives (as of 2016):
Goal: AAAEM and its members are nationally recognized through publishing and presentations.
- Increase recognition in peer reviewed journals. Delegate to Strategic Planning Committee and the Benchmark Committee (need revised Benchmark publication guidelines).
- Increase recognition through presenting research at regional and/or national meetings. Delegate to Benchmark and Strategic Planning Committees
- Increase recognition through presenting expert content at regional meetings. Delegate this responsibility to both the Executive and Strategic Planning Committees.
Goal: AAAEM members are regarded as credible counterparts.
- Investigate the possibility of creating a certificate program. Kirstin Rounds presented and Strategic Planning Committee has agreed to develop this program. This program will start at the 2017 March AAECM and AAAEM meeting.
- Elevate the value of administrators within EM through Society education offerings.
Member Engagement/Greater Integration in SAEM
Goal: AAAEM members have greater influence within SAEM.
- Increase percentage of AAAEM members actively participating in SAEM committees, as a representative of AAAEM.
- Define committee membership roles.
- Enhance committee chair role description.
- Enhance expectations of committee outcomes.
- Establish committee size and guidelines.
- Improve new member on-boarding process. Delegate to Membership Committee.
- Increase AAAEM involvement in SAEM programming. Delegate to Planning Committee and Executive Committee. Consider creating a new committee for this goal/sub goals.
- Create an administrative track/focus area at SAEM meeting.
- Appoint an AAAEM group to develop the content to submit for the focus area.
- Advocate for the development of this new area.
- Solicit support from AACEM to further this idea.
- Create a permanent/standing position for an AAAEM member on the SAEM program committee.
- Advocate for AAAEM participation in the didactic review process for submissions for the focus area.